MA DipArch(Cantab) RIBA SCA
Francesca Weal trained at Cambridge. She joined the practice in 1982 having worked for Levitt Bernstein Associates, DLG Architects and Trehearne & Norman, Preston & Partners, gaining knowledge of the refurbishment of older housing stock and working on large commercial mixed-use projects in London.
She has RIBA accreditation as a Specialist Conservation Architect but is also interested in combining cutting-edge design with the intelligent use, where appropriate, of traditional building materials in innovative ways.
She was on RIBA Council 2010 – 2016 and was Chair of the RIBA Audit Committee to 2016. She is a past chairman of the Hertfordshire Association of Architects and sat on the Hertfordshire Architects Advisory Panel, advising local authorities on design issues. She is a member of the Ecclesiastical Architects and Surveyors’ Association; the SPAB; the Hertfordshire Building Preservation Trust and the Pyramus & Thisbe Club: the original association of party wall surveyors.
- Architecture + building projects
- Listed + historic buildings advice
- Feasibility studies
- Design for older people* + special needs
- Repairs, refurbishment + extensions
- Community architecture
- Interior design
- Sustainable design + energy conservation
- Party Wall Surveyor
* Francesca is co-author with the late Francis Weal of: Designing for the Elderly: options and design The Mitchell Publishing Co.